NFF HOUSE GUIDELINES
Newfound Freedom is NOT a housing community; what we are is a recovery-oriented community. Our Philosophy is rooted in the 12 steps of recovery. Residents are free to attend the fellowship of their choice that deals with alcoholism/drug addiction, and furthermore must participate in the program of that fellowship. This means getting a home group, a sponsor, commitments, and actively working the 12 steps. We are here to encourage you through this life-saving, life-enriching process. Also, it is our responsibility to hold you accountable to these rules and guidelines while you are a resident of Newfound Freedom:
1. Discharge- NFF reserves the right to discharge residents at any time without advanced notice. NFF does not need a positive urine result to discharge a resident.
2. Prohibited Substances and Materials- No use of any mind-altering and/or mood-changing drugs is allowed. This includes over-the-counter drugs and any products containing alcohol. A list of approved medications is posted in the house. Residents must check with their house manager before using any over-the-counter medications that are not on the approved list. The following items are also prohibited from NFF property: all pornographic materials, all paraphernalia, all weapons, including toy weapons and replicas. All areas of all rooms are subject to random inspection for contraband
3. Drug Tests- NFF may ask for a urine sample or Breathalyzer at any time. When asked for a urine sample residents have one hour to produce sample, supervised, and until they are ready to produce the sample, they must wait in a common area, supervised. When asked for a Breathalyzer, residents must blow immediately.
4. Personal Respect- Residents are expected to respect themselves. Residents must dress appropriately. Shirts must be worn at all times in the common area. Residents are required to tend to personal hygiene on a daily basis. Management reserves the right to address the issue of attire and/or hygiene.
5. Respect for Each Other- Residents are expected to respect one another and one other’s property. NFF does not tolerate the disrespect of others, including, but not limited to: discrimination of any kind, threats, intimidation, violence, or disruptive behavior.
6. Respect for NFF Property- Residents are expected to respect the house. No resident shall remove any property from Newfound Freedom houses except their own personal belongings. Residents are personally responsible for the immediate repair or replacement of property missing or damaged by their negligence. All appliances and furnishings are provided by Newfound Freedom. No one is to bring in any furniture, appliances, or hang anything on walls without approval from Scott Fleming. Residents are required to participate in the cleaning of their house. Chores will be assigned and must be completed and checked off daily by 10:00 PM. (Chores promote personal responsibility and paying someone else to do your chores is NOT permitted.) G.I.s will be done after the house meeting on Sunday/Monday nights. Residents are responsible for keeping all of their personal areas neat and clean. Please be mindful that limited space means limited belongings. No eating or drinking is permitted in any carpeted area, including bedrooms. Do not touch thermostat at any time. No smoking is permitted in the houses at any time. No candles, incense, or other burning objects nor open flames are permitted in the houses at any time. No loitering in front of house. You must smoke or talk on cell phone, etc. in back of house. Residents may not sleep or lay on the couch or floor.
7. Common Appliances- Washer and dryer can only be run from 4:00pm-10:00pm Monday through Friday and 9:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. No resident should do wash more than once a week and wash loads should be medium to full. The kitchen is only available for use from 6am-10pm. TV must be off from 12 Midnight-6am.
8. Meals- NFF provides food for house dinners Monday-Thursday. Residents must provide all other meals for themselves with their own funds.
9. Times and Curfews- All residents who are on job search must be out of bed by 8am and beds must be made by 9am. All full-time employed residents must be out of bed by 9am and beds must be made by 10am. Residents are required to sign in and out with details on the form provided whenever leaving from and returning to the house. House curfew is 12:00am Sunday through Thursday and 2:00am Friday and Saturday. Residents are required to adhere to curfew. This means signing in by curfew and remaining in the house. Residents must call house manager and general manager if an emergency arises and they are going to be late or need to leave after signing in.
Quiet time is from 10:00pm-6am every day. Quiet time is defined as respect of others while sleeping. Residents may read or watch television after Quiet Time provided that other residents are not disturbed. Overnights require a 48-hour notice and a manager’s sign-off. See house manager for requirements.
10. Work Requirements- All Residents are required to work 35-40 hours per week. No
Resident is allowed to work more than 55 hours per week. If you work less than 35 hours per week, you must spend the difference in hours per week looking for other work. Working residents must submit a work schedule to the house manager. Unemployed Residents are required to submit potential employment contacts weekly on the form provided. Unemployed Residents must submit at least, but not limited to, 5 applications per day, during the week (Mon-Fri).
11. Visitors- No visitors of the opposite sex are allowed in the house, except family members. Visitors are only allowed in the common areas of the house and are not allowed in residents’ bedrooms for any reason with the exception of step work. No overnight guest(s) will be permitted in Newfound Freedom houses. Any and all exceptions must be approved by Scott Fleming.
12. Meetings- AA/NA/CA Meetings are an important part of recovery and a requirement for all residents. A minimum of 5 meetings per week is required, including the house meeting and the Monday night step study. Residents must post meeting attendance on sheet.
13. Social Boundaries- Residents may not patronize any alcohol-serving or adult entertainment establishments, including but not limited to: bars, nightclubs, casinos or racetracks. Restaurants that serve alcohol should be visited with discretion. No Newfound Freedom resident may date or have romantic relations with any other Newfound Freedom resident. Opposite gendered residents of NFF houses are not permitted to talk on the phone, spend time together, or interact outside of NFF gatherings.
14. Phone Rules- House Phone calls will be limited to 15 minutes. Residents are not allowed to use the house phone after 11:30 pm except in the case of an emergency. Residents are required to answer any incoming calls immediately, even when on the phone, and write down all messages. No house phones are to be taken into the bedrooms, bathrooms or in front of house.
15. Transportation and Parking- Residents are responsible for their own transportation, though everyone is expected to help each other get to mtgs. Residents are allowed to have one personal vehicle allowed on the property. The vehicle must be in working condition or it must be towed. No personal vehicles are to be driven without providing Newfound Freedom with proof of a valid license, registration and proof of insurance on the vehicle to be driven. Residents are not allowed to lend their vehicle to any other Resident. No resident may drive another resident’s vehicle at any time.
16. Privacy- No Resident should disclose any information about another Resident or former Resident to anyone outside the community (except parole/probation/police, etc.)
17. Newfound Freedom is not responsible for the theft, loss, or damage of any residents’ personal property. It is the responsibility of each individual resident to purchase renters insurance if they so desire. Residents may ask House Manager for a list of companies that provide renters insurance.
18. Newfound Freedom may implement other rules or regulations on an individual or the Community as it deems necessary, and reserves the right to interpret these rules.
A minimum Intake Fee of $95.00 is necessary in
order to reserve a space. This Intake Fee is not refundable under any condition, including, but not limited to, failure on the part of the Resident to claim the reserved space.
All payments are applied first to any outstanding balances and then
to any current amounts due. Rent is due on a weekly basis (i.e., from
Sunday to Sunday) and is due on the Sunday immediately preceding the
following rental week. There are no partial refunds available for
individuals leaving before the end of the rental week and/or prior to
the full term of the rental agreement.
The Resident Funds Account is an additional service that Newfound Freedom provides for our residents. All payments for the Resident Funds Account are subject to an administrative fee, which will be charged
in addition to the amounts to be allocated to the individual resident's
cash account. Any remaining credits will be refunded upon the completion of the
terms of the Residential Lease, subject to any necessary cleaning
charges and/or outstanding rent balances.
Any partial refunds are at the sole discretion of Newfound Freedom and will be made within 30 days electronically to the card or
bank account from which they originated. In the event we process a
refund, a Refund Notification will be forwarded to the email address
that the Registered User (Payee) entered during registration.
ACH Debit Authorization:
I authorize my bank to debit my account as identified above to the
terms stated here. This authorization shall remain in effect until the
Service Provider and bank receive written notification from me of
intent to terminate at such time and in such manner as to afford the
Service Provider and bank reasonable opportunity to act (Minimum 30
I understand that if the total amount owed to the Service Provider
is increased, I authorize this plan to continue as long as the payment
amount remains unchanged until the amount owed the Service Provider is
paid off, or unless the plan is terminated earlier by me as above. I
understand any added amounts can be applied for with a new ACH Debit
All other changes such as payment amount, frequency, bank account
number change, will require a new ACH Debit Payment Authorization Form
to be filled out and submitted to Merchant 15 days prior to any change
being implemented. I understand that this payment plan may be
cancelled by the Service Provider or Merchant due to NSF
(Non-sufficient Funds). I will be liable to pay an NSF fee of $25.00
(or the amount allowable by law), which may be automatically debited
for each NSF.
I represent and warrant that I am authorized to execute this payment
authorization for the purpose of implementing this payment plan. I
indemnify and hold the Service Provider, the bank, and Merchant
harmless from damage, loss or claim resulting from all authorized
Acknowledgement & Acceptance of Terms:
All Internet transactions are final, and are not subject to reversal and/or cancellation. All Internet payment transactions are subject to a Convenience Fee equal to $9.95. This Convenience Fee is disclosed and included in the total payment amount prior to submission of your payment for approval. Note regarding "Save this information" and our "Express Checkout" feature: Newfound Freedom will not have access to this information. Your bank account and/or card data is encrypted prior to authorization. In exchange, the secure gateway returns a "token" to this payment system which can then be resubmitted with future payments in place of more sensitive information. End-to-End Encryption coupled with Tokenization ensures your data is secure.
By submitting your payment for authorization, you acknowledge acceptance of the terms & conditions as stated herein.